DATA PROTECTION POLICY CONCERNING THE USE OF THE WEBSITE FOR JOB APPLICANTS
SABCA Group understands the importance of the protection of personal data. Present policy outlines the handling and processing of the personal data is collected through the website www.sabca.be when applying for a job vacancy.
In this policy:
“SABCA Group” means SABCA NV, Haachsesteenweg 1470, B-1130 Brussels (Belgium) and any company that is directly or indirectly owned by SABCA NV.
“Data Controller” means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
“Data Processor” means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
“Personal Data” means any information relating to a natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, location data or an online identifier (...).
The www.sabca.be website is operated by the SABCA Group. It is important for us that we create and maintain an environment where visitors feel comfortable that their information will not be misused.
In application of the applicable data protection laws, such as the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and national data protection laws, SABCA Group wishes to tell you which personal data we collect from you and how your data will be used following the supplying of your personal data on the careers section of the website to try to ensure you the proper handling of your data.
2. Collected personal data
For the application for a job vacancy on the careers section of the website, SABCA Group works together with the company CV WAREHOUSE NV, Lambermontstraat 10, B-2000, Antwerp (Belgium), Data Processor, who collects the following personal data, which are provided by candidates through the “CV Warehouse job board”:
- identity and contact details (name, address, tel. number, e-mail address, date and place of birth, marital status, nationality, sex,...);
- profession, education, memberships ;
- other information from the Curriculum Vitae (“CV”);
- sensitive information (such as health data) if such data is provided by the candidate.
3. Why do we collect this information
SABCA Group collects the abovementioned information to assess, consider and process the applications for job vacancies, contact the candidate, and eventually enter into a possible employment contract. Furthermore these data will be used to remain in contact with the candidate for other job vacancies or opportunities that arise within the Group that may interest him.
4. The legal basis for processing personal data
By sharing your personal data when applying for a job vacancy on the careers section, you give us your consent to process your personal data as described in this policy. This personal data will also be necessary to be processed in order to take steps prior to the entering into a possible contract.
To the extent that we are processing your personal information based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us (see infra).
5. How will your information be used and shared
5.1. SABCA Group may share your personal data with companies in our group and/or our affiliates.
We may also share your personal information with other third parties who perform functions on our behalf and provide services to us such as professional advisors or IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems.
5.3. We can disclose your personal data to comply with our legal obligations or in the interests of security, public interest or law enforcement. We can also disclose data in connection with actual or proposed litigation or to protect our property, security, people and other rights or interests.
5.4. Your personal data will not be sold or rented to third parties.
6. How long do we keep personal data
We will retain your personal data in case you decide to apply for another role or one we believe may be of interest to you arises. However, as stated above, we will process the personal data until you inform us that you are no longer interested in applying for a position with the Group and you express the wish to claim your right of erasure.
7. Your rights
7.1. You have certain rights in relation to personal information we hold about you:
- Right of access: You are entitled to see the information held about you and to obtain a copy of the information the SABCA Group holds.
- Right of Correction or Completion : If your personal data have been changed, you are entitled to ask us to rectify or complete or erase the outdated, incorrect or incomplete data we have about you.
- Right of Erasure: In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that personal information we hold about you is erased e.g. if the information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed or our processing of the information is based on your consent and there are no other legal grounds on which we may process the information.
- Right to object to or restrict processing: Furthermore you have the right to restriction of the processing of your data and to object to the processing of your personal data.
- Right of Data Portability : You have also the right to receive your personal data, which you provided to the SABCA Group and have the right to transmit those data to another data controller.
7.2. We may require you to provide verification of your identity to ensure that you have a legitimate right to make the request and to verify that we provide the answer to the person that has the legitimate right to send us one of the abovementioned requests and to obtain the information.
Please note that in certain circumstances as provided by law we may withhold access to your information or that we may not grant your request where we have the right to do so under applicable data protection legislation.
7.3. If you wish to obtain more information regarding the processing of your personal data or if you wish to exercise your rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7.4. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Belgian data protection authority, “Gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit” – “Autorité de protection des données”, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussel, T: +32 (0)2 274 48 00; F: +32 (0)2 274 48 35; E: email@example.com.